WHO-GLL and HIFA have published the outputs of an in-depth discussion on the HIFA forums: Enhancing the Quality of Health Services Across Levels of the Health System.
- What might work best to enhance national commitment to quality of care?
- What are the biggest challenges for district health managers in tackling quality of care issues?
- What are the biggest challenges for improving quality of care at the facility level?
- Have you seen any practical solutions that should be shared more widely?
There was a rich and diverse discussion with more than 300 substantive messages exchanged among HIFA members worldwide. These have been synthesised into four publications on the WHO and HIFA websites:
1. WHO-GLL/HIFA Action Brief 1. Enhancing quality at the national level
2. WHO-GLL/HIFA Action Brief 2. Enhancing quality at the district level
3. WHO-GLL/HIFA Action Brief 3. Enhancing quality at the facility level
4. WHO-GLL/HIFA Integrated Brief: Enhancing the quality of health services across levels of the health system
Full compilation (all messages in full)
Edited version (content edited and structured under subheadings)
Quality health services: a planning guide (2020)
WHO Fact Sheet on Quality Health Services (2020)
For further information and to discuss opportunities for collaboration, contact Neil Pakenham-Walsh, HIFA Global Coordinator