This PowerPoint presentation reveals the prioprities expressed by countries. It's notable that they are almost all directly related to HIFA: how to produce, synthesise, package, make accessible, interpret, and apply information.
Ask 1: Guidance on how to provide continuity for NCD programmes:
• How to include NCDs in public health emergencies protocols?
• How to develop national NCDs tool kits for use in emergencies?
• How to provide ambulatory essential NCD services during lockdown?
• How to provide medical care for NCDs through telemedicine and digital solutions?
• Technical, including digital, tools to promote self-care for those with NCDs who can’t access services.
• How to prioritize which services to restart and when?
• Updated guidance on management of NCDs reflecting the stage of the pandemic.
Ask 2: Guidance on managing COVID and NCDs comorbidity:
• Guidelines on COVID vaccination protocols for those with NCD comorbidities
• How to provide appropriate treatment for COVID patients with NCD comorbidities?
• How to protect people living with NCDs? (e.g. clinical guidelines, drug interactions)?
• Algorithms for managing patients with chronic NCDs in a pandemic and limited access to medical care
• Guidance on how to prioritize NCDs after the COVID pandemic has been managed
Ask 3: Better data...
Ask 4: Country support
• Provide training (especially online training) for policy makers on how to include NCDs into national COVID-19 plans
• Provide training for WHO Country Offices and UN Country Teams on how to include NCDs into national COVID-19 plans
• Provide technical assistance to adapt HEARTS and WHO-PEN packages to the COVID-19 context
• Provide clinical definitions and indicators for COVID and NCD comorbidity