October 30-31, 2018
Starting at 9:00 a.m. EDT
JOIN THE DISCUSSION: https://springboardforsbc.org/forum?p=true&posts_forum_post=274276
The first few weeks of October 2018 have already recorded outbreaks of chikungunya, Ebola virus disease, cholera, monkeypox, and MERS-CoV aall diseases of pandemic and epidemic potential. USAID’s Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) strengthens both global- and country-level capacity to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease threats and accelerate progress towards implementation of the World Health Organization’s International Health Regulations (IHRs). Risk communication is one of the essential capacities countries need to implement those IHRs.
Join us October 30-31 for a two-day onlinee discussion on The Critical Role of Risk Communication in the Global Health Security Agenda: https://springboardforsbc.org/forum?p=true&posts_forum_post=274276
The discussion will be moderated by:
- Anton Schneider, Senior Social and Behavior Change Advisor, Office of Infectious Diseases, USAID
- Ricardo Echalar, Senior Public Health Advisor, Office of Infectious Diseases, Emerging Threats Division, USAID
- Lauren Sauer, Assistant Professor, Center for Humanitarian Health
- Tina Dickenson, Social and Behavior Change Advisor, Breakthrough ACTION Sierra Leone, Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
- Serge Dali, GHSA Advisor, Breakthrough ACTION Cote d'Ivoire, Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Participants will take a broad look at:
- The Global Health Security Agenda: What is it and what are its priorities?
- Risk communication: How is it defined and what role does it play in the GHSA?
- Tools and activities: What examples do we have of quality risk communication tools and activities?
- Don't miss this opportunity to discuss the role of risk communication in addressing the social and behavioral aspects of health risks that precede and follow an emergency.
Note: You must be a Springboard member to participate in the discussion. To register for Springboard, navigate to https://springboardforsbc.org and click "Request to Join" in the top right corner.
HIFA profile: Marcela Aguilar is Director of Communications at Breakthrough ACTION, Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Washington DC. www.breakthroughactionandresearch.org marcela.aguilar AT jhu.edu