This editorial by CHIFA lead moderator Tony Waterston and HIFA coordinator Neil Pakenham-Walsh discusses the achievements of CHIFA and opportunities for the future to accelerate progress towards the CHIFA vision: A world where every child, every parent and every health worker has access to the health information they need to protect their own health and the health of children for whom they are responsible.
The achievement of CHIFA to date is remarkable considering the low level of resources and the reliance on volunteer input. CHIFA seeks additional funding to expand the network and broaden its work in the following ways:
* Strengthen the role of country representatives
* Expand the role of supporting organisations
* Develop specific topics for project work similar to the Newborn Care project
* Evaluate the benefits to users
* Host a regular programme of webinars
* Collaborate more closely with WHO and other agencies.