Dear HIFA and CHIFA colleagues,
Please retweet: https://twitter.com/claireekt/status/1094149959262392320
New resources added to @WHO #handhygiene 5 May 2019 campaign page https://www.who.int/infection-prevention/campaigns/clean-hands/5may2019/en/ … Use the “Clean care for all, its in your hands” promotional image now #HealthForAll #InfectionPrevention
From the WHO website:
Clean care for all – it's in your hands
WHO calls on everyone to be inspired by the global movement to achieve universal health coverage (UHC), i.e. achieving better health and well-being for all people at all ages, including financial risk protection, access to quality essential health care services and access to safe, effective, quality and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all. Infection Prevention and Control, including hand hygiene, is critical to achieve UHC as it is a practical and evidence-based approach with demonstrated impact on quality of care and patient safety across all levels of the health system.
5 May 2019 calls to action
- Health workers: “Champion clean care – it’s in your hands."
- IPC leaders: “Monitor infection prevention and control standards – take action and improve practices.”
- Health facility leaders: "Is your facility up to WHO infection control and hand hygiene standards? Take part in the WHO survey 2019 and take action!”
- Ministries of health: "Does your country meet infection prevention and control standards? Monitor and act to achieve quality universal health coverage."
- Patient advocacy groups: "Ask for clean care – it’s your right."
Guidance on Reproducing, adapting and translating WHO hand hygiene illustrations is here:
HIFA looks forward to support Save Lives: Clean Your Hands.
Best wishes, Neil
Let's build a future where people are no longer dying for lack of healthcare information - Join HIFA: www.hifa.org
HIFA profile: Neil Pakenham-Walsh is coordinator of the HIFA global health campaign (Healthcare Information For All - www.hifa.org ), a global community with more than 19,000 members in 177 countries, interacting on six global forums in four languages. Twitter: @hifa_org FB: facebook.com/HIFAdotORG email@example.com